“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
– Pablo Picasso
I challenge everyone to put technology down and get creative! IT’S JUST FUN!! I have always enjoyed coloring as a child and coloring with my children was a favorite time of mine! I was reminded last year by a co-worker about how fun and the great benefits that come with coloring. So I went out and stocked up on coloring books and supplies. I was one of the best things I’ve done in my life to reduce stress in my life and train my brain again. It’s a great form of meditation and exercises my fine motor skills. “Brain functions unite!” Hehehe… (brain tumor survivors will relate to this) Try coloring with someone and hold a conversation, it’s amazing how relaxed you both (or more) will be and the conversation just flows. Also, you get to see each individual’s beautiful artwork and creativity at the end.
7 BENEFITS OF COLORING FOR ADULTS AND WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE ADULT COLORING CRAZE
1) Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state.
2) Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered.
3) Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity.
4) Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness.
5) Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption.
6) Coloring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types.
7) It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go.
Source and read more: http://www.colorit.com/blogs/news/85320388-amazing-benefits-of-coloring-for-adults
Here are some of my first attempts after, well a lot of years of not coloring, experimenting with colored pencils and gel sparkling pens.
I’m no Pacsso, but I have a lot of fun! They have come along way since I’ve colored so much to choose from. When I was younger it is was Crayola Crayons. : ) The weather is getting warmer here in Northern California so I am excited to be able sit outside relaxing and coloring for hours.