Adult Friend Challenge – Prudence
Think about how friends who are different from you have added value to your life; what lessons can you learn from these types of friendships? How can you be this type of friend?
A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself. Real love is letting a person be who they really are.
- Makes me feel happier – Raises positive emotions (love, happiness, laughter, self-confidence)
- Is authentic. Accepts me for who I am and doesn’t judge me (This is indeed a beautiful feeling; to be around a non-judgemental person)
- Makes my problems appear smaller
- Makes me feel important (God loves us all)
- Give solutions to my worries (sometimes I just don’t see them)
- Challenges my reality
- Amuse me… makes me laugh “a lot”
- Makes a difficult task easier for me
- Educates me, it’s always fun to learn something new – Demonstrate how daily prayer/spiritual practices can enhance their well-being
- Help me put my problems in perspective
- Enhances my dreams and give me hope (especially when life is tough)
- Calls me out on my “stuff” you know what I’m talking about