Adult Friend Challenge – Prudence
When meeting someone who you think could turn into a good friend, think ahead about how you can work to build and invest in that relationship – create opportunities.
Fun opportunities to get to know each other without spending much.
- Grab a tea or coffee. If you’re a coffee or tea connoisseur, then you could invite your friends over to your home for coffee or tea.
- Concerts in the park. All summer long, many parks host free concerts. This is a very relaxing way to chill out on a hot summer night after work.
- Find a charity you love and volunteer together. After a few hours of volunteering together, you will have new respect for each other and something new to chat about.
- Go to a Catholic mass. Even if you’re not Catholic or religious, going to a service in an unfamiliar religion can be enlightening and a great way to meet new people.
- Play board games or video games together.
- Go to the school play. This might cost a little for admission, but it’s a great way to support your community and have a fun time.
- Iron Chef night. Bring your friends over and have an Iron Chef night where you cook dinner out of only the items in your pantry. No buying anything!
- Go to yard sales. Maybe you could even fix something up and resell it.
- Go fishing.
- Go camping.
- Find some cool trails around your town and go hiking.
- Get out the bikes and bike everywhere for a weekend.
- Go on a walking tour of your town. Most towns or cities have a historic district. Find out if there is a walking tour available. If not, make one up!
- Find out when the free days are at your local museum or zoo.Most have them and they can be great fun to visit with friends.
- Find a swimming hole. Head to the old town swimming hole — or find a new one. What a great way to spend a lazy afternoon with friends.