Adult Friend Temperance
Day 11: Humility
Send your friend a note of encouragement listing some of the strengths, gifts, or talents they have, and how they have contributed toward your life.
Brighten a day with words of encouragement. You probably know someone who is feeling down or going through one of life’s rough patches. … A simple note at the right moment—a few kind words or even just a “hello”—might mean the difference between a bad day and a good day. I carry notes & thank you notes in my car. You never know when something awesome is going to happen, I can thank someone or to lift someone up who’s having a bad day immediately before I forget.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
Our friends hold a special place in our hearts, not just because of the good times we share but also for the bonds that are formed when we go through pain and adversity holding each other up. There are people in your life whom you count as great friends. They may be young or old, close or distant. Whoever they are and wherever they are, use these words to encourage, thank them for their love and generosity, and uplift them when they need it most.
Use these to remind your friends of your love and commitment to their well-being. You can share them via text, emails or hand-written notes. Everyone needs authentic friends who have their best interests at heart. Be that friend.
Words of encouragement our dearests friends.
Don’t forget to list some of the strengths, gifts, or talents they have, and how they have contributed toward your life.
1. You are a blessing in my life… You helped me through…
2. You’re a true friend, and I’m grateful for you because….
3. I feel safe, loved and understood. Thank you!
4. God knew I’d need a true friend at this time, so He sent me you.
5. You are the strongest person I know. I’m praying for you, friend.
6. There’s much more ahead of you. You’ll get through this.
7. You’re always so supportive. I’m glad to be there for you, too.
8. You’re such a light everywhere you go!
9. Everyone needs a friend like you.
10. You make me look good!
11. You have a heart of gold.
12. I knew you’d know how to cheer me up. You’re amazing!
13. God’s plans for you are magnificent.
14. Be strong and courageous. You can do this!
15. I know this is hard to hear, but I love you and share this truth in love.
16. You always speak the truth in love, thank you.
17. I love how you hold me accountable.
18. Your dedication makes me want to do better.
19. Don’t give up on your dreams!
20. I admire your cheerfulness and warmth.
21. You are not your mistakes.
22. You’re such a fighter. I love that you never give up.
23. Your friendship gives me joy.
24. I’ll never take you for granted.
25. Thank you for being a loving friend to me.
Quotes to Inspire Friends
“I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” – Thomas A. Edi
“One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value.” – Unknown
“I thank God for the way He made you; distinct, special and unique. You were not made from a common mold.” – Erwin Lutzer
“The more we nurture our friendships, the greater the happiness that comes our way.” – Unknown
“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.” – Unknown
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
“If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.” – George MacDonald
“It is one of the severest tests of friendship: to tell your friend his faults. So, to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship.” – Henry Ward Beecher
“Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends.” – Cindy Lew
“Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief.” – Swedish proverb